Summertime is here! For many families summer is a sweet time of lazy days and icy juice pops, swimming and reading and sleeping in. My boys have a few summer camp adventures this summer, and we have a couple of camping trips planned. It’s shaping up to be a lovely time.
Right now, my coauthor, Eileen Straiton of Little Acorn Learning, and I are offering a sale on our Midsummer Festival E-Book. From now through June 30, if you buy the Midsummer Festival E-Book at the sale price of $19.99, you’ll also get the Summer Festivals Cookbook! Together these two e-books provide wonderful ideas for filling summertime with festivities, food, and delightful Waldorf-inspired crafts, songs, poems, and more. Please tell a friend!
Our labor of love will bring the magic of summer into your home and help you keep celebrating throughout the season! It is packed full of Waldorf songs, stories, verses, crafting tutorials and much more to help you celebrate Midsummer and the Summer Solstice with the children in your home, classroom, or childcare environment.
- Read stories and fairy tales filled with sunshine to the children
- Enjoy verses, songs, poems and fingerplays that celebrate the coming of summer
- Learn about the history, background and symbolism of the Summer Solstice
- Get ideas for how to create your own meaning for this special festival
- Enjoy a Solstice feast
- Play Solstice games
- Make a Midsummer bonfire
- Create simple beeswax suns with the children
- Make a Solstice wreath for the birds
- Design Midsummer string art sunbursts
- Read a story of The Sun Child and create a Sun Child necklace
- Craft a shiny garden suncatcher
- Use a rock garden sundial to tell time in your garden
- Make a “Catch the Sun” throw toy for your child
- Create a paper Solstice Sun
- Create daytime and nighttime Midsummer magic
- Hang summer Solstice flags indoors or outdoors this season
- Plant a Midsummer indoor herb garden
- Craft a sun mosaic birdbath
- Make a sunshine fairy out of wool roving and felt
- Sew and stuff herbal dream pillows for St. John’s Eve
- Needle-felt a summer sun wall hanging
- Create sweet Pocket Sun Sprites for the children
- Bake sun bread with the children
- Go on a sun hunt
- Make a sun mask
- Design a sunshine banner
- Crochet sun medallion necklaces
Here are some teaser pics from the e-book. We hope they ignite your interest and inspire you to fill your days with sweet sunshine!
Wishing you delicious, sweet moments all summer long!